Big Creek Baptist Church
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth
2 Timothy 2:15
Purpose & Statment of Faith
- Advancing and promothing the workship of God through the reading and the study of the Holy Bible as the Revealed work of God.
- The teaching and preaching of the Gospel of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- Conducting regualr services of worship for the spiritual training, development, and beneift of each member.
- Winning of souls to Jesus Christ.
- Being missionary in spirit, extending the Gospel through our organized religious channels to the entire world.
- Existing to provide regualr opportunities for public worship.
- Sustaining the ordinances, doctrines,and ethics set forth in the New Testament for the Church of Lord Jesus Christ.
- Channelling its offerings to the support of the work of the Kingdom of God.
We affirm the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments of the Holy Bible as the inspired, inerrant, and infallible word of God as the basis of our beliefs. This Church subscribles to the doctrinal statement of The Baptist Faith and Message as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention in 2000.
We voluntarily band ourselves together as a body of baptized believers in Jesus Christ, Personaly committed to sharing the good news of salvation to lost mankind. The Scriptural ordinances of the church are Baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
Having been led, as we believe by the Spirit of God, to recieve the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior and, on the profression of our faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, we do now, in the presence of God, and this assembly, most solemnly and joyfully enter into this covenant with one another as one body in Christ.
We engage, therefore, by the aid of the Holy Spirit, to walk together in Christian love; to strive for the advancement of this church, in knowledge, holiness, and in comfort; to promote its prosperity and spirituality; to sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline, and other doctrines; to contribuite cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expences of the church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the of the Gospel though all nations.
We also engage to maintain family and secret devotions; to regiously educate our children; to seek the salvation of our kindred and acquaintances; to walk circumspectly in the world; to be just in our dealings; faithful in our engagments; to walk circumspeclty in the world; to be just in our dealings, faithful in our engagements, and exemplary in our deportment; to avoid all tattling, backbiting, and excessive anger; to abstain from the sale of, and use of intoxicating drinks as a beverage; to use our influence to combat the abuse of drugs and the spread of pornography; to be zealous in our efforts to advance the kingdom of our Savior.
We further engage to watch over one another in brotherly love; to remember one another in prayer; to aid one another in sickness and distress; to cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling in Christian courtesy in speech; to be slow to take offense, but always ready for reconciliation and mindful of the rules of our Savior to secure it with out delay.
We moreover engage that when we remove from this place we will as soon as possible, unite with some other chuch where we can carry out the spirit of this convenant and the prinicples of God’s Word.